Friday, October 16, 2009

My take on Kaiser

Here are my thoughts on what I encountered when I called to schedule my first prenatal  appt.    We have had Kaiser since being married.  I love it.  Never any complaints. And every time I got pregnant the routine went like this:  
-I call Kaiser and schedule an appt. to verify that I am in fact preggo.
- when that is confirmed in office, I continue with my initial pap, do all my blood work and schedule future appts.  
Pretty easy and straight forward.  Not complicated or seemingly weird.

So I was expecting the same drill when I called this week.  Um....not how things work now.  

How much has changed in 3 years I'm wondering?

So now, when I call they send my info to some prenatal call center or something, I have to wait for someone to call me back and let me know what's going on.  

I get the call, and I have to schedule some kind of phone interview before I can be seen for the first time.   The call takes about 30 min. and it goes over all the stuff I would have filled out in office.  I guess they want to save on paper or something.  

Then when that interview is complete they schedule my first appt.  with blood work etc.   I don't have to go in and pee in a cup for them to tell me I'm pregnant.  They just take my word for it.  Strange... if you ask me.  

So I said let's schedule this thing and the first available time is in November. November 2 to be exact.  Ok whatever.  The only thing I can think is I probably won't be seen in office until mid to late November, putting me at after 9-10 weeks.  Isn't that a little late to be seen for your first appt.?

Just a thought.   

UPCOMING POSTS:
prenatal vitamins
food cravings
lack of maternity jeans at a decent price with long enough legs

No comments:

Post a Comment